Sunday, April 3, 2011

SACHIN WITH HIS DREAM TROPHY -SNAP OF THE CENTURY




Mumbai: One saw a rare emotional side of Sachin Tendulkar after India's historic World Cup triumph on Saturday and the iconic batsman is happy that a dream he had nurtured throughout his childhood has been finally realised.

"As a young boy, I grew up dreaming that I will be lifting the World Cup someday. Along the way, many things happened in my career and I am extremely happy about those.

"But this is the ultimate moment. It has brought smiles to the faces of all Indians. There are so many Indians who live abroad and they are proud of our achievement," Sachin told the media persons on Saturday.

Man of the tournament Yuvraj Singh said that this current bunch has always raised the bar for themselves and there's been fierce unity in the team.

"I guess we kissed the World Cup at least 1000 times. It's a great bunch who have backed each other. Thanks to Gary that we have been able to raise the bar. We have never been complacent," Yuvraj said.

Askeed about that emotional moment when Yuvraj was engaged in a bear-hug with Sachin Tendulkar.

"I don't know what he said when he hugged me but I have never seen tears in Sachin's eyes," the dashing southpaw said.

No comments: