Wednesday, March 25, 2009

No fixed captain for Kolkata Knight Riders: Buchanan


The Kolkata Knight Riders Wednesday said they will not have one permanent captain for the second edition of the Indian Premier League."There won't necessarily be a fixed captain," Knight Riders' coach John Buchanan told reporters at a press conference here.

He denied there was any controversy over Sourav Ganguly's captaincy and said, "My decisions have nothing to do with Ganguly. It's how I perceive the game of T20. There is no controversy at all. I am open to look at running the side in a new way."We will choose the captain depending on the game. There can be multiple team captains in the series," he added.

Buchanan, who was repeatedly asked about the captaincy issue, retorted that the "media was creating controversies. There's nothing between me and Sourav or me and some other player."Ganguly, who had a half-hour chat with Buchanan on Tuesday after the initial reports emerged about his captaincy, said: "John's concept is new, we have to accept what he decides since he's the coach.

"My goal is to score runs and pick wickets, rest is upto John since he's the coach," Ganguly added.