Monday, April 13, 2009

COLLINGWOOD MAY LEAD ENGLAND IN T20 WORLDCUP


Within weeks of declaring that he did not wish to captain England, former one-day skipper Paul Collingwood has emerged as the front-runner to lead the side in the Twenty20 cricket World Cup here in June.Asked whether he wanted to be the skipper three weeks ago, Collingwood had said, "For whatever reasons, I gave up the job and I would take a lot of persuading to do the job again." 
But it seems, the all-rounder is now having a rethink and according to a report in the The Times, quoting sources, he is most likely to get the job."I am not ruling anything out," Collingwood told the newspaper."But we have not got to the point of talking about it yet because nothing can happen until the new team director is appointed," he added.However, it is not just Collingwood showing an interest in the job, star all-rounder Andrew Flintoff says even he finds the idea of leading the side in front of home fans at the biggest Twenty20 extravaganza quite tempting."It'd be something I'd have to think about and see if I could be the best man for the job. I don't think many people would turn it down," he said.

No comments: