Tuesday, December 16, 2008

KEVIN PIETERSEN PLAYED WITH THE FRACTURED RIBS AT CHENNAI TEST


One wonders whether England skipper Kevin Pietersen took a big risk by playing in the Chennai Test when he was not fully fit.


A report in The Guardian has said that the England skipper played in the first Test, which the tourists lost by six wickets, with a fractured rib he had sustained during the final one-day international at Cuttack a couple of weeks ago.


"I have fractured my rib. There are no dramas. I will deal with it. I don't like injections. I will just take painkillers," he has been quoted as saying.


The middle order batsman failed to impress in the Chennai Test making just four and one in the two innings and was often seen clutching his rib cage while fielding and was surely in some sort of pain.


The second and final Test is schedule to commence on December 19 and dashing right hander has three days to recover.

No comments: