Tuesday, January 20, 2009

IPL:MATTHEW HAYDEN SAYS CHENNAI SUPER KINGS WILL WIN NEXT IPL


Although retired, Hayden said that he would fulfill his commitment to the Indian Premier League which means that cricket-lovers will get to see him back in action playing for his team the Chennai Super Kings when the 2009 seasons gets underway in April.“That is the cricket left in me. I've got great passion and drive to play for Chennai. I look forward to the IPL with great anticipation,” said the Queenslander who added that he is very happy with the brand of cricket his team displays.The Chennai Super Kings reached the finals of the IPL last year but the opener believes that this year his team will go all the way and achieve IPL glory in the forthcoming season.“I think we have the strongest side in the competition and I really believe that we can win this time.”Asked how he managed to dominate bowlers the world over with ease, Hayden, who has scored 30 Test-centuries said, “I think I wanted to turn defence into attack. So my mindset was really to be the best attacking batsman I could be. I have always seen my role as an entertainer in the brand of Test cricket.”

No comments: