Monday, January 19, 2009

SHAUN MARSH'S ROLE MODEL IS HIS DAD


Young Aussie opening batsman Shaun Marsh, despite winning the Man-of-The-Match award at Hobart, feels he needs to learn to bat through an innings.The young opener, who has scored five half centuries from ten One-Day internationals before his 103-ball 78 earned him the MOM award in Australia's five-run victory over South Africa on Sunday, is said to have left the ground disheartened for not getting a big hundred."I have probably got out at crucial periods in both games and it has been very disappointing that I haven't gone on to get a big one," Shaun, son of former Aussie opener and skipper Geoff, has been quoted as saying."Personally I left the team in a bit of a tricky position so hopefully in the next few games I can bat through the innings and really do my job properly," he added.

No comments: