Sunday, January 11, 2009

MATTHEW HAYDEN GOES FOR A VACCATION WITH HIS FAMILY THIS WEEK FOR GETTING HIS MIND RELAXED


His cricket career is down in the dumps but Australian opener Matthew Hayden says he has "nothing to fear" and will decide his future during a family holiday to Stradbroke Island this week."There won't be any hitting of cricket balls. I'll be staying fit and healthy, but this will give me time to think about what it is I want to do," Hayden, who will holiday with his wife Kellie and their three children, was quoted as saying by The Sunday Telegraph.Hayden was omitted from Australia's one-day and Twenty20 sides, and there is widespread speculation on his future.But the big-hitting opener said he wasn't thinking too much about the speculation and was looking forward to spending some time with family."The next week or so will be crucial. I'm getting away, we'll definitely be heading to 'Straddy' (his getaway at Stradbroke Island) and getting some quality family time."I'll be kayaking with the kids, surfing, I'll be doing some fishing and diving. I'll be exploring the reef with Grace (his six-year-old daughter) and going 22km out to sea for a spot of fishing," he said.Hayden also dismissed speculation that the selectors have given him an ultimatum."I need to allow myself the time to think about my future. I honestly haven't come to a decision. What this break will do is allow me the time I need to talk to Kel and allow ourselves to get off the roller-coaster ride and the travelling roadshow that cricket is and get some clarity of thought around the next stage of our lives," he said. "I don't fear retirement, not at all. I think I've earned the opportunity to think about my future, and now I'm going to take it. If I say that's it, that's fine, it's all good. The selectors haven't given me any ultimatums. I haven't thought about whether I have played my last innings for Australia."I think if you think like that, you have played your last innings," he added.

Hayden said despite the slump in his form, he remains confident of his abilities."I know in my heart I'm good enough to turn this around. That's 100 per cent," he said. "There are ways I would go about playing against this South African attack if I have the chance again," he said.

No comments: